2018 Journey 40J by Winnebago
Item Number: 426038
Winnebago Carefree Diesel Days! We are pleased to announce Carefree Diesel Days, an extension of the confidence in the quality for Winnebago diesel pushers! At Winnebago, innovation isn't limited to our cutting edge products. We also lead in after sale service support. So while some manufacturers such as Tiffin District Service Centers are turning coaches older than 4 years away from their service facilities, Winnebago will be there for you, today, tomorrow and for years to come. This program extends the Winnebago warranty on our diesel pusher lineup -- all built on Freightliner chassis -- to an industry-leading 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Winnebago has always stood behind its products, and for anyone who is concerned about service, this program clearly demonstrates the confidence we have in our diesel pusher lineup!
Step up your diesel game with the Winnebago Journey and its acclaimed Maxum Chassis. With 229 cubic feet of exterior and basement storage and increased towing power to 15,000 lb, there are no limits to your next adventure. When it comes to your favorite music, turn up the volume on available JBL 11-speaker Premium Cab Sound System. A full-wall slideout with opposing front living and bedroom slides provide room for features like a full bath and one half, the Rest Easy sofa and a complete Samsung home entertainment system. Your Journey has arrived. The destination is up to you.
But what you’ll remember is the uncompromising performance of the revolutionary Maxum Chassis, which is now boosted further with the ISL Cummins being utilized on the 40J and further with V Ride rear suspension. The design and engineering of the V-Ride, which is in use in heavy-duty applications, features “v-rod”-shaped upper control arms that help dissipate suspension forces through the crossmember and frame rails. In addition, the V-Ride’s transverse beam is directly integrated with the trailing arm to form a single-piece U-shaped assembly. This unified design, combined with the v-rod control arms, the manufacturer noted, significantly reduces sway and provides a more stable ride – especially in instances when a vehicle’s tendency is to lean or drift outward, as when traveling around a curve. The V-Ride maintains superior roll stability and more predictable handling.
Inside, you’ll appreciate the Aqua Hot hydronic heating and hot water delivery system, which functions off of the diesel burner or electricity.
This coach is powered by the tried and true Freightliner Maxum chassis with 229 cubic feet of basement storage and mated up with Cummins ISL powertrain:
1. Cummins ISL 8.9 litre big block turbo diesel
2. 1,250 lb ft of torque or power
3. 400 horsepower
4. Allison six speed 3000 MH transmission with grade braking capability
5. Engine exhaust brake
6. NeWay front and rear suspension
7. V Ride Rear Axle Suspension
8. Complete air braking with ABS
9. Quick Connect air connection
10. Automatic hydraulic leveling jacks
Includes the following factory installed options:
1. Leather cab seats that rotate and swivel to become integral living components. The passenger includes the +Lounger option, an oversized passenger seat with an integrated solid surface workstation
2. JBL 11 speaker premium cab sound system
3. Pneumatically adjustable powered king bed with Ideal Rest Natural Reserve digital comfort control mattress with individual side by side remote controls
4. Central vacuum system, main coach and lower basement
5. Zamp solar panel system, 100 watt, expandable if needed for dry and off the grid remote RVing
6. Stacked washer and dryer, separate units
7. Entertainment Center with HDTV, soundbar, and wireless subwoofer
8. Stationary automatic local off air HDTV antenna
9. Pressure Pro tire pressure monitoring system, now integrated into the Rand McNally oversized navigation system
10. Exterior ladder
11. TRW tilt and telescoping steering with Smart Wheel controls
Includes the following exterior highlights, in addition to the specifications on our website page and brochure:
1. 229 cubic feet of exterior and basement storage
2. 5.6 gallon LP capacity, for outdoor cooking due to the residential refrigerator package and Aqua Hot hydronic heating
3. 100 gallon duel fuel fill capacity
4. Aqua Hot 400D hydronic dual zone heating system with continuous unlimited hot water.
5. 50 amp electrical service
6. TrueAir Maximum Comfort air conditioner system with 3 low profile 13,500 BTU cooling units, with cold air returns insulated and whisper quiet, with integrated AC heat pumps
7. 20 ft powered patio awning with LED lighting
8. 6 deep cycle Group 31 RV AGM absorbed glass mat maintenance free batteries
Missing an Option You're Looking For? We can add any additional options at our dealership, including satellite, solar, Nitrogen for your tires, and more!
At Lichtsinn RV our website has full video walkarounds on each RV, making it easy for you to purchase. On our website you can go for a virtual test drive, purchase your RV over the phone or the internet, and then take delivery at our dealership, which is only 1 Mile from Winnebago, Itasca, and Winnebago Touring Coach here in Forest City, Iowa!